Emergency services levy concession applications and enquiries are handled by the Department of Human Services (DHS).

You can complete an online application available from the Concessions Page on sa.gov.au.

Alternatively, contact the Department of Human Services Concessions Hotline and arrange to have a form sent to you.

Email: concessions@sa.gov.au

Phone: 1800 307 758

If you apply online a hold will be placed on your Notice of Emergency Services Levy Assessment to prevent further Notices being issued.

If your application is successful, a new Notice of Emergency Services Levy Assessment will be sent to you in due course with the concession amount deducted from the total amount payable. You will also receive the benefit of an increased general remission.

  • The maximum concession available is $46 per year. You will also receive the benefit of an increased general remission on your Notice.

    Use our Emergency Services Levy Calculator to estimate the levy payable.

  • You may be eligible for a concession on the emergency services levy applied to your principal place of residence if you:

    Are the titled owner of the property


    Hold a life interest in the property.

    (A copy of the Will needs to be provided to the Department of Human Services at the time of applying for the concession.)


    Hold one of the following cards:

    • Pensioner Concession Card
    • Gold Repatriation Health Card (TPI, EDA or War Widow) from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
    • Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
    • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card


    Receive one of the following Centrelink payments/cards:

    • Low Income Health Care Card
    • JobSeeker Payment
    • Sickness allowance
    • Widow allowance
    • Youth allowance
    • Partner allowance
    • Parenting Payment
    • Special benefit
    • Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
    • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
    • Austudy
    • Farm Household Allowance
    • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand

    The concession is available on only one property per person, married couple or domestic partnership and must constitute the persons’/couples’/partners’ principal place of residence. Two or more persons owning land jointly or as tenants in common (other than a married couple or a domestic partnership) are each eligible for a part concession, proportionate to their interest in their principal place of residence.

  • The concession is only available on your principal place of residence. Any additional properties you own do not qualify for a concession.