When will my organisation need to cancel their payroll tax registration?
Organisation no longer employs in South Australia or their wages are below the threshold
You may cancel your organisation's payroll tax registration if they are:
- no longer employing in South Australia
- a single company only and their taxable wages are below the Australian wide wages threshold; or
- part of a group and their groups’ taxable wages are below the Australian wide wages threshold.
Organisation no longer employs under the ABN that they are registered for payroll tax under and now employs under a new ABN
If your organisation has ceased to employ under the ABN they are currently registered for payroll tax under and are employing under a new ABN:
- the payroll tax registration for the old ABN will need to be cancelled.
- a new payroll tax registration will need to be completed for the new ABN. You can create a new payroll tax registration from within RevenueSA Online. Find out how you can register for payroll tax on our Register for payroll tax page.
How do I cancel a payroll tax registration?
An organisation's payroll tax registration can be cancelled as part of the annual reconciliation or during the financial year.
Cancellation effective 30 June
To cancel your South Australian payroll tax registration effective 30 June, you can do so when you complete your annual reconciliation in RevenueSA Online. If you have already completed your annual reconciliation, please modify and resubmit your annual reconciliation.
You must not complete the Request to cancel South Australian payroll tax registration form.
Cancel during the financial year
To cancel the payroll tax registration during the financial year, please complete the :
- Request to cancel South Australian payroll tax registration form with the following information:
- Taxpayer Number (if known)
- ACN (if applicable)
- date you wish to cancel the South Australian payroll tax registration.
When contacting us please provide your South Australian Taxpayer Number (if known), ABN, and organisation name.
|phone||(08) 8226 3750, select option 5|
|fax||(08) 8226 3805|
|post||GPO Box 2418, Adelaide, SA 5001|
You can reach us during business hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm (South Australian time), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).