JobKeeper Payment (Commonwealth)
Businesses whose employees qualify for the Federal Government’s JobKeeper support payments are exempt from paying any payroll tax on the wage subsidy.
Payroll Tax Waiver/Deferral
Businesses and business groups with Australian (annualised grouped) wages up to $4 million will receive a payroll tax waiver for the months of April to June 2021 (for the return periods of March 2020 to May 2021).
Businesses and business groups with wages over $4 million who are adversely impacted by COVID-19 can elect to defer their payroll tax payments for the March to November 2020 return periods until 14 January 2021. In addition, business whose employees qualify for the Federal Government’s JobKeeper support payments between 4 January 2021 and 28 March 2021 will also receive a waiver of the payroll tax payable on other wages paid for the months of January to June 2021 (for the return periods of December 2020 to May 2021).
Find out more for:
- Employers with grouped Australian wages of up to $4 million
- Employers with grouped Australian wages over $4 million
- State’s largest ever stimulus spend to help create thousands of jobs (PDF 401KB)
- Huge business jobs boost as more payroll tax relief announced – Media Release - 28 September 2020
- JobKeeper payments exempt from payroll tax - Media Release - 4 April 2020
When contacting us please provide your South Australian Taxpayer Number (if known), ABN, and organisation name.
|phone||(08) 8226 3750, select option 5|
|fax||(08) 8226 3805|
|post||GPO Box 2418, Adelaide, SA 5001|
You can reach us during business hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm (South Australian time), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).